Frontier Technology is a HyperGrid partner in the UK.
The HyperGrid (Formerly Gridstore) all-flash HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) lowers total cost of ownership by combining compute, storage area network, and storage into a single system, eliminating costly data centre sprawl by separating storage and compute scaling. A single HyperGrid all-flash HCA delivers the resources to run a data centre with configurable cores, RAM, NICs and flash storage (select from configurations tailored to workloads). Compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) solutions, as well as converged and traditional infrastructure,
- 6-10 times faster, due to all-flash storage and inline erasure encoding
- Costs 50-66% less
- Supports a higher density of virtual machines
Each four-node HyperGrid HCA enclosure can have:
- All-Flash HyperConverged Nodes (FCNs)
- All-Flash Storage-only Nodes (FSNs)
- A mixture of FCNs and FSNs
- Up to six drives per node
Each two-node HyperGrid HCA enclosure can have:
- All-Flash Graphics Nodes (FGNs)
- A mixture of FGNs, FCNs, and FSNs
- Up to 12 drives per node
HyperGrid is the only HCI with a parallel all-flash architecture that allows cost-effective scaling. Instead of replicating the full infrastructure stack three times like other hyper-converged platforms, HyperGrid uses erasure coding that offers the same fault tolerance and usable capacity but uses 50% less infrastructure to achieve this. HyperGrid also allows independent scaling of compute and storage as well as the ability to leverage existing infrastructure.