Our backup as a service solution is designed to cater to the full cross-section of industry requirements; from the simplest single site data repository requiring cost-effective offsite backup within an enterprise-class data centre, to the largest of multi-site environments requiring multilayer policy control.
Frontier Vault Service – Backup is our fully-managed off-site backup solution that provides disc-based backup up using market leading technologies.
We pro-actively monitor, report & support your backups giving you total peace of mind. Our cloud-based backup solution provides application-aware, point-in-time recovery of Microsoft Exchange Server®, SharePoint®, SQL, Oracle, DB2,VMware, Hyper-V, File Systems as well as other business critical applications.
Can you recover a file that existed on a Tuesday and Wednesday in the middle of a month last year? How long would it take to find the tape and would it actually be there if you are only keeping month end backups?
Our backup as a service solution provides full synthetic backups everyday. It has fully customisable retention capabilities where all backups are retained on disk by default. Just specify the data you need to recover and when from and FVS – Backup will oblige.
Why Frontier Vault Service – Backup?
Security & Resilience | All data will be highly encrypted at source before leaving your servers. Best practices in security will be strictly enforced as your data makes its way to our Tier 4, UK-based, highly resilient data centres.
Retention | No data gets deleted as all our daily backup retentions are fully customisable. We can retain all daily backups for an agreed policy-driven duration. This means you can retrieve any file or individual inbox or email as it existed on a particular date – quickly and effectively.
Cost-effective | We aim to reduce your backup storage footprint before we even start backing your data up. This allows higher specification storage for backup data to become an affordable option. (High specification storage means superb resilience and multiple restoration streams delivering aggressive RTO.)
Disaster Recovery | As Frontier Technology specialises in delivering services from our enterprise cloud – we can provide Cloud Disaster Recovery for all of your servers in the event of any disasters affecting business operation or data corruption.
Disaster Recovery options including Cloud DR, Warm Standby Server, access to applications and data or High Availability via Frontier Continuity Services.
- Project consultation workshop and installation included
- Monitoring of backup jobs – 24/7
- Reporting – weekly or daily
- Troubleshooting backup & hands-on support
- Assistance to add or decommission servers from backup and data retained for agreement duration
- Test restores periodically
Key Issues Resolved
- Growing cost of more tapes, tape libraries, tape drives, licences and maintenance for backup
- Tape reliability and tape drive head alignment issues including the safe handling of tapes during off-site tape collection
- Backup window shrinking or exceeding, backup failures and missing data
- Inability to recover and restore individual items, mailboxes and files from a point in time
- Time lost on changing tapes, setting up backup jobs & worrying about backup