Our desktop as a service solution empowers your end users by presenting them with a single user experience, regardless of location and device without compromising IT policy but actually facilitating it.
Frontier Desktop Service (FDS) is our Desktop-as-a-Service solution. It aims to overcome the challenges and risks associated with adopting desktop virtualisation as an end user IT strategy, whilst delivering the many benefits of a centrally managed desktop environment.
A major dilemma faced by the majority of organisations is not only which approach and what technology to adopt, but how to integrate the chosen platform with existing systems, how to implement such a change without impacting business operations, and how to ensure long term objectives are achieved to realise the required return on investment. FDS, managed by very experienced professionals in the field of access and virtualisation technologies, can help you address these issues.
Why Frontier Desktop Service?
Central policy-based management and deployment of desktops
Backup, recovery and remote wipe of data
No reliance on Internet connectivity
Return of desktop to original state on reboot
Full hard drive encryption
Frontier Desktop Service’s Key Features
- Centralised Management of Desktops
- Familiar End User Experience
- Enterprise-Class Encryption of End User Devices
- Full Policy-Based Management of End User Devices
- Desktop Refresh on Reboot
- Anti-Theft Remote Wipe of Lost/Stolen Devices
- Ability to Manage Device Over Any Secure Internet Connection
- No Downtime for System Updates
- Personal Virtual Disk to Run Multiple Desktops
- Business Hours End User Support
- Local Desktop Image Caching Server for Optimised Performance
- 24×7 End User Support
- Policy-Based Backup and Recovery
- Desktop Access Anywhere
- Offline File System