At its SolveForward 2012 event, CommVaull unveiled its new, next-generation Singular Information Management® innovations that further empower Simpana software customers to lower data management costs, reduce business and compliance risks and easily extract data for better decision making with anywhere, anytime information access.
According to Gartner Inc., in 2011 traditional content types, including simple unstructured user data, are seeing growth rates of up to 80 percent year over year. This unrelenting growth is a major force driving the era of “Big Data.” There simply isn’t enough time, resources, or budget to manage, protect, index, and retain massive amounts of unstructured data using legacy methods and tools.
An industry first, CommVault’s new Simpana OnePass converges backup, archive, analytics, and deduplication into a single process reducing combined operations time more than 50 percent compared to traditional methods. From a single data collection, information is copied, indexed, and stored in Simpana ContentStore–an intelligent, virtual repository that provides an efficient and scalable foundation for eDiscovery, Data Mining, Retention and more. Additionally, data analytics and reporting can be performed from the index to help classify data and implement archive policies for data tiering to lower-cost media, thereby further reducing the total cost of ownership.
Highlights of this development include:
- New Simpana OnePass capability slashes the combined time typically required to backup, archive, and report by more than 50 percent over traditional methods with the industry’s first converged backup, archive, and reporting process designed to affordably protect, manage and access data on systems that have become “too big”.
- Simpana SnapProtect technology now delivers the industry’s broadest hardware snapshot integration, providing customers with SAN investment protection and choice, eliminating the backup window, accelerating recovery, and reducing costs.
- Simpana software enhancements accelerate virtual server adoption further by helping organizations better manage, protect, and scale virtual machines across their enterprises and into the cloud.
- New Simpana Edge Protection protects data on laptops and desktops with embedded source deduplication for optimized efficiency. End-users now have the flexibility to search, access, and perform self-service recovery through any Windows, iOS, and/or Android device.
- New Simpana 9 integration with Microsoft SharePoint improves application performance, capacity utilization, and shrinks backup windows.
Frontier Technology is a CommVault partner. For more information, please get in touch with us on 0845 603 6552.