Automated, AI Driven Penetration Testing Service
Frontier’s automated penetration testing can be delivered as a service or as a client managed in-house solution.
A component of the Infrastructure and Audit elements of our Data Security and Management Framework this provides a much more cost effective, comprehensive and reliable pen testing solution compared with traditional “human-driven” approaches.
Penetration testing, also called pen testing or ethical hacking, is the practice of testing a computer system, network or applications, usually by simulating a cyber-attack to find security vulnerabilities that an actual attacker could exploit. The ultimate objective is to help an organisation improve its data security.
Traditional pen testing has been performed by skilled and experienced technical IT professionals, but is still a rather subjective and potentially inconsistent and flawed exercise. Replacing the human element with a machine can have many benefits including:
- Penetration tests can be performed because you want to – not because you have to
- The process can become fully automated
- The machine can work all day, all night and every day if needed, without getting tired or making “human errors”
- The process and results are immediately and automatically fully audited and documented
- The reports produced can focus on recommended remediation, without the noise of thousands of potential vulnerabilities
- Using an AI driven, automated process removes the variable quality of human testers
- Keep up to date with constantly evolving networks, users, devices and applications
Within a typical automated penetration test, all of the expected exploitation and dynamic hacking techniques are attempted, including sniffing, man in the middle, lateral movement, remote execution, target DoS, password cracking, ethical malware injection and privilege escalation.
Working with our technology partner Pcysys’s PenTera tool, Frontier can provide either an in-house platform to allow pen testing whenever it’s needed or pen testing as a service on a schedule to suit your requirements, typically monthly or quarterly, or on-demand when changes occur within your environment.
PCYSYS Intro – 1:38
PCYSYS PenTera Short Demo Video – 4:46
PCYSYS & Frontier Technology PenTesting Webinar – 36:49